Focus On Your Focus
Summer 2017 is in full season.
The sun shines high, rain washes the earth from time to time and cools down the day to make way for a restful night of slumber.
Although the warm weather is short-lived in New England, it's still a welcoming distraction given that Winter can sometimes overstay its welcome - in my book.
It's common for Summer to naturally derail our focus from goal-driven initiatives. Wo would turn down a day at the beach to sit behind a desk pushing paper all day? Certainly, not I. But a healthy compromise would be to change the setting and scenery of your workspace, within reason.
Below is a short list of tips that might keep you on track to accomplish a goal.
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR FOCUS ON YOUR FOCUS
1) Change the view: Instead of sitting behind the desk, pack a lunch, lawn chair, umbrella and take up residency on a beach shore with paper, pen, and other resources at your disposal.
2) Catch the worm: Early to rise, early to bed, could make for a productive day.
3) Organize and prioritize according to deadlines and targeted outcomes.
4) Accountability partner. It never hurts to partner with someone who has similar goals and drive.
5) Self-care is a-must. Rest. Relax. Unwind. Travel short trips. Exercise. REPEAT.