Summer 2017 is in full season.
The sun shines high, rain washes the earth from time to time and cools down the day to make way for a restful night of slumber.
Although the warm weather is short-lived in New England, it's still a welcoming distraction given that Winter can sometimes overstay its welcome - in my book.
It's common for Summer to naturally derail our focus from goal-driven initiatives. Wo would turn down a day at the beach to sit behind a desk pushing paper all day? Certainly, not I. But a healthy compromise would be to change the setting and scenery of your workspace, within reason.
Below is a short list of tips that might keep you on track to accomplish a goal.
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR FOCUS ON YOUR FOCUS
1) Change the view: Instead of sitting behind the desk, pack a lunch, lawn chair, umbrella and take up residency on a beach shore with paper, pen, and other resources at your disposal.
2) Catch the worm: Early to rise, early to bed, could make for a productive day.
3) Organize and prioritize according to deadlines and targeted outcomes.
4) Accountability partner. It never hurts to partner with someone who has similar goals and drive.
5) Self-care is a-must. Rest. Relax. Unwind. Travel short trips. Exercise. REPEAT.